AGNC’s Mission Statement:
The Associated Governments of Northwest Colorado (AGNC) is a council of governments representing cities and counties in northwest Colorado including the counties of Mesa, Garfield, Rio Blanco, Moffat and Routt. The mission of the AGNC is to communicate with, inform, and reflect the needs of its members and promote the values, industries and economies of Northwest Colorado.
To carry out our mission, the AGNC conducts the following activities:
- Proactively pursues agreements between municipal and county governments in order to advance, educate, promote and negotiate positions at the state and federal level that will protect the character and development of the region represented;
- Provides forums for education, discussion and collaborative decision making for its members on regional and national issues;
- Assists the member’s development and organizational goals and strategies;
- Initiates efforts to identify and efficiently utilize the resources in northwestern Colorado for the benefit of the region and its citizens;
- Continually monitors its member needs to determine the appropriate level and variety of services to be provided; and
- Continues its effective leadership to promote strong governmental relations on issues facing the region by maintaining a candid and open relationship with each of its members, state and federal lawmakers and state and federal agencies.